Tuesday, November 2, 2010

the words you say or write

Today, I read a couple responses from people that were condescending and hurtful.  Tears swell up in my eyes when others speak so harshly.  Why do people choose to insult or belittle others? Does it bring comfort or power?  I feel that as strong or positive as you can be, when you hear these words you are always saddened.  It sickens me that there are people that hurt others with words that way.  Now don't get me wrong, some people need a little kick, but it doesn't make sense to go after people that way.  What about talking politely, or making the effort to suggest a plan to help change?  Why does attacking seem like the right thing to do, or why do we need to respond with anger and disgust?

Later, I received words of love and kindness.  These words warmed my heart and still the tears where flowing.  Reading those words made a world of difference.  They made my day and they reinforced my belief in the power of friends and family. 

When you write or speak with anyone to do it with kindness...you never know how they may take what you say.

No comments:

Post a Comment