Monday, November 1, 2010

Success

What is success?  Is it making a lot of money or being the best?  How far will you go to make sure you succeed? Do you ever make it to where you want to be or do you keep wanting/need more?
I believe that success is not about making a lot of money or being the best at a certain job.  It is about people our relationships with them.  I am reading the book, A CURE for the Chronic Life.  It helps me to stay grounded in why we are here.  We are not here to be better than our neighbors, skinnier than our co-workers, or richer than our friends.  We are here to serve each other and build on relationships with empathy, compassion, and understanding.  If we strive to have the biggest bank account or the newest version of the IPhone as defining factors in our lives, we will never be happy.  But, if we follow up with friends, help those in need, and truly listen we will find a peace in our relationships with others.  Being successful to me is have people in my life that I would do anything for and they would return the favor!

Success is real, but is it really what we think it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment