Saturday, November 6, 2010

Where I am From...Willmar

I’m from the small town of train tracks and lakes.
You always give and no one takes.
Where the whole community means everything.
Where my friends and family meet up after weeks
And remember times that make us all unable to speak.

I’m from the All-American city where everyone knows
How fast the time goes.
Where you live for Friday night games
And everyone knows everyone’s names.
It is Cardinal Country here all the time.
Where you bleed red and white and give every dime.

I’m from late night talks up with mom and dad
And friends sitting around the kitchen glad.
Where the church ladies gossip about all the kids
And rough play they forbid.
Where a simple life is what it is all about
And we thank God for all that he has freely given out. 

I’m from an early spring walk with a friend
Where you run into neighbors and talk until the end.
Where the front yard is full of grass
And you wish you never had to go inside because of the forecast.

I’m from a Midwestern life where true love brings hope
And the promise of an up hill slope.
Where many people know nothing different
And it truly leaves them content.
It may not sound like much,
But where I am from warms my heart a whole bunch.




1 comment: