Sunday, November 7, 2010

Do you know who you are?

I feel that getting to know yourself is a difficult task in our world today.  I know that I am always "getting to know" others with the new experiences in my life, but wonder do I really know who I am?  I was lucky enough to start this journey early in my life.  With moving to college, my world had changed forever.  I thought I knew myself with great confidence in high school, but it turned out that I found myself lost in college. My dad suggested a daily devotional, then I started journaling, and I began seeing a counselor through Gustavus. It wasn't easy, but I feel that it has brought me to a better place.  I don't have all the answers and I am still getting to know myself, but I never give up.  I dig deep inside of myself to find my truth. 

I am writing this (and most of my blog) because I want the people I care about to have these amazing feelings.  In my life when I am in a good place I want others to be able to someday have that same feeling.  I know that is not always possible, but if I can bring a feeling of warmth or brightness at the end of a long day to someone I love, it is all worth sharing. I believe life is about service to others and this is one way that I want to fulfill that obligation.

If you want to find out more about who you really are, please start!  It isn't the easiest journey, but I know that the end results will help you find peace in this world of unrest and bring you happiness. 

I am reading the book, "A CURE for the Chronic Life" by Deanna Favre and Shane Stanford. I would suggest it to anyone wanting to start a journey of change to find true happiness.

My sister has what we are all searching for tattooed on the outside of her left foot, "Inner Peace." It is an inspiration to me and I hope that others are inspired to take the time to find your true self.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This blog has totally inspired me! I want to just find my inner self and be at peace with everyone! Yay! I am so excited! Thank you for sharing your wisdom with all of us simpletons!

    ReplyDelete