Monday, November 29, 2010

We are NOT in control

This Sunday, the sermon at my (wonderful Calvary Lutheran) church was about control...not having it.  We want it and desperately try to have it but really we don't.  When things are seemingly perfect or go the way they are supposed to go, we have control.  No we really don't.  This sermon really made me think about how I look at life.  If I just save enough for the down payment, go to see my grandma next time I am home, or win the next game then everything will be taken care of and under control.  What happens when you suddenly need that savings to pay for your spouse's medical bills, then your grandma is injured before you get to see her again, and you lose the game even when you gave it your all.  You find out that you are not in control of your life and no matter how much you think you may be you never really know what will happen next.  Let God have the control...follow and he will lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment