Monday, January 24, 2011

People

I was at the Mall of America this weekend and when moving from store to store I saw some "different" people.  I didn't think too much of it until later that night I heard someone talking negatively about one of my family members.  Then I started to think about it.  I was truly judging the people at the mall and I didn't even know them.  Why do I do that??  Really this family member that I was ready to defend has done many so called "bad" things, but I still claim them...I still want to defend them...I still love them.  So why do others not get this same respect or treatment?  Obviously there is a connection with family, but we don't choose our family.  What if that girl at the mall was my sister?...I think she is weird wearing that shirt(or whatever), but if it was my sister I would defend her and still think she was awesome.  And more than not she is probably someone's sister.  There is someone who thinks similar ways about that "weird" girl that I do about my sister no matter how weird she is.  It just reminds me that we should treat each other with respect...we don't know the whole story, and we love our family no matter what.  So don't judge, but love, even if they are weird to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment